Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Since this was a yearling fleece, I've decided to wait until the next shearing to test the micron count and comfort factor ratingof the fleece. Until this fall, we'll be knitting all things white :)
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
She is trained to pull a cart and is wonderful with children. Since she is so small we only ever lead little kids on her but she can pull up to 750 lbs which is more than our whole family.
"Mariah" has competed in national shows and can be driven by anyone. We found a used harness for $80, bought a bit on eBay and are looking around for a cart. She follows the kids around, lets them braid her hair and brush her, and will jump little obstacles while they run beside her.
I foresee a very fun summer ahead!
Saturday, September 1, 2012
I called the A.I. guy and thankfully on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend he was willing to bring the 'goods' over and put them in. The moo-ing continued and it so SOOO LOUD, like at least 3X louder and longer than normal mooing. I put her on the back of our lot to be as far away from neighbors as possible. Good idea right? Wrong.
Monday, July 2, 2012
The kids are in heaven and are loving the outdoor fun and the larger living space. Our rental is a little run down and needs work but we're making great progress and bringing the barnyard back to all its glory. More updates to come.
Monday, June 18, 2012
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Friday, June 1, 2012
He is bombproof, loads, clips, ties, stands for the farrier, has done shows, eventing, jumps, does bareback, can be ridden double or just with a halter and lead rope. He is a little dappled palomino registered Welsh pony gelding named Chief.
I found a saddle, bridle, stirrups, and saddle pad on eBay and we plan to make a day of visiting the western store to buy brushes and accessories once we get out west. I still need a girth, a bit, and a hay supplier :o)
Yeah for homesteads!!
9 laying ducks
8 perching waterfowl
Friday, May 25, 2012
As we are preparing for our little farm and our move, I'm so glad to be supported by a husband who can hook up our new wireless this week AND has a sense of humor. Can you tell which user we are?
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
The poultry orders are placed.
and 3 dozen extremely beautiful hatching eggs.
I still need to track down a turkey and a pig but other than that I'm getting VERY close to meeting my animal goals.
Friday, April 6, 2012
After months of perusing craigslist and dozens of emails we found a great trailer in great condition at a great price.
We can now official transport our livestock although that pet carrier in the back of the minivan with 5 kids was appealing, this seemed like a teeny bit better idea.
It's strange but the kids LOVE playing in this thing. The side doors, tack room, and back doors are all very exciting for little hands and it's almost like a fort on wheels. Who knew?
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Baby goat deposit is in! It's the year of "C" names for American Dairy Goat Association (AGDA) registration so I'm scouting for good femmy names that start with C. This little girl will have to go outside of her comfort zone and be friends with a sheep.
The sheep registration doesn't have yearly letters so the sky is the limit on our sheep.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- You've taken a phone message with a jumbo crayon on a napkin
- Your secret dream is of a government program that awards $0.05 for every time you have to touch poo. Can you say millions?
- You lie down for your doctor's exam and before they begin they say, "you have a sticker on your sock, would you like me to remove it for you?"
- You find non-edible items with small human bite marks in them e.g. a bar of soap, a sponge, barbie's feet, play dough, erasers, etc.... the list goes on and on.
- Tidying your front hallway require the pairing and stacking of 24 pairs of shoes.
- As you're walking out of the school after 'drop-offs' you stumble and look down only to discover that you are wearing two different shoes.... not kidding this really happened. One was a croc and the other was a brown clog.... how???
- You take out your pony and realize your hair is 6 inches longer than the last time you noticed.
- You long for kid's week on Jeopardy and cross your finger for the Nickelodeon category.... it's chosen and you whisper, "come to mama", and then sweep the whole column.
- Whether or not you feel you can jump on a trampoline today.... Depends ;)
- When you go through a busy day, run errands, chat with peers, and you get home to realize that you have 6 ranbow flower barretts left in your hair.... all in front.
- You talk opening about your child birthing experiences with strangers.
- You washed down your last pill by drinking from a pink Disney Princess plastic teacup.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Large roof opens on a hinge for inside access. Small side door opens from the outside to reveal inner mesh door for ventilation, or open the mesh door for side access.
Coop w/o run. White base panel is end of slide out tray for cleaning. Side access door with latch.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Sooooo, remember when I was typing away on my last post and saying that hopefully there wouldn't be any more chicken issues in the near future?... well.... turns out this week a shocking piece of news has been revealed to our family...... drumroll please......
Sunday, July 5, 2009
On day 3 Princess bounced back. We have heaved a huge sigh and are so relieved since she is such a sweet little chick and loved by all. (you can kind of tell in the pic that she will have a beard when she grows up). We have now had our very first chicken incident. Hopefully this will be the last blog post of it's kind!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
WE ARE GOING TO CHANGES THIS THING
WE ARE GOING TO CHANGES THIS THING AROUND
WE ARE GOING TO CHANGES THIS THING AROUND
It's been about 3 weeks now and boy have these little girls grown! The novelty hasn't worn off and the children (and I) just love it. I never thought I would feel like I loved a chicken but I do.