Friday, June 1, 2012

Begin Dream Sequence

Well,  anybody who knows me knew it was coming.  Last week I completed a transaction for a family pony.  He will arrive in Utah about a week after we do.  The kids are thrilled and I am too even though he's too small for me to ride for real.

He is bombproof, loads, clips, ties, stands for the farrier, has done shows, eventing, jumps, does bareback, can be ridden double or just with a halter and lead rope.  He is a little dappled palomino registered Welsh pony gelding named Chief.

I found a saddle, bridle, stirrups, and saddle pad on eBay and we plan to make a day of visiting the western store to buy brushes and accessories once we get out west.  I still need a girth, a bit, and a hay supplier :o)
Yeah for homesteads!!

Animal count:
1 pony
1 goat
1 sheep
17 chickens
9 laying ducks
8 perching waterfowl
1 goose

1 comment:

teresa said...

you just need your water buffalo! i'm so happy for you guys, living the dream!