Saturday, June 2, 2012

That's How We Roll

This came home from school the other day.  I'm used to getting flower pots, or pinch pots, or paintings. Most parents know that when you see questionable child art you're never supposed to say "what is that?" since to the child it is obvious and you could squash some confidence right? 

Child: Look what I made in art. It's my own little monster.
Me: Tell me about it. (see I know the parenting rules)
Child: I can't discuss it right now. 
Me: Why not? 
Child: Because I don't know much about it like what it eats and how it moves but this is how good I am at art.
Me: tell me about its mouth?
Child: Those are teeth. They red because there is blood on them. The blood is from his mouth since he has a bloody mouth.
Me: why is his mouth bloody?
Child: it always has been bloody. There is a broken artery in it.
Me: I thought that there aren't any big arteries that run through your mouth
Child: this monster's body is different. 
Me: I noticed he has green eyes just like you. 
Child: They are actually like turquoise
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Child: a pilot or a pizza maker.
Me: Good. You can go play now.

2 comments:

teresa said...

i LOVE this! i could look at it all day.

Heather said...

I absolutely love this! Being a parent is never boring:)