Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week #3 The Quilt-a-long

The strips are sew together and cut into blocks. It's actually pretty amazing to me that in 2 days I have 42 blocks done for a quilt which will end up being about 6'X7'. Since I've only ever done baby quilts and tied larger quilts I'm really excited that my first large pieced quilt experience has been so positive so far. I wish I could just keep going instead of waiting until next Monday for the next step but I wouldn't want to get burned out right?

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love it, it looks great! I joined the flickr group, and I bought fabric, but I am still hemming and hawing a bit. Still not sure if I will jump into this one, but I am so excited to see how yours turns out.

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Can't wait to see it finished! Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

i LOVE the fabric? where did you get it. i'm just starting to get interested in quilts these days... if only i had time...

jor said...

what a great idea! I can't wait to see the finished product!