Saturday, May 30, 2009

Finally, a motivator!

I've decided to do the quilt-a-long at OldRedBarnCo. Where each week, Dana the quilting mastermind, guides you through 1 step of the process to create a beautiful quilt (along with a couple hundred other quilters) and in the end (6 weeks later) Voila!



She is also doing a drawing at the end for participants and giving away a Janome 6600p. The machine would just be gravy since your real prize is having made an incredible quilt.



My fabric pic is the summer colors of "Flights of Fancy" designed by Paula Prass, made by Michael Miller. There were a few different color schemes to choose from but this seemed more Frenchy to me somehow.


You may have stopped by Dana's site or maybe even saw a quilt of hers when she did this giveaway last year.
So the current quilt-a-long is to make this same pattern which I thought was very fun. I actually really like Dana's blog. She's fun and smart and her posts are fun and well written. So check it out if you get a chance :)
I'll be sure to post my finished quilt at that end of it all. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

teresa said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I'm excited to see the end products, good luck!

Heather said...

I love the fabric choices, and I can't wait to see your quilt all finished. I am debating whether or no I should brave jumping into the quilt along. She makes it look so easy all broken up into weeks like that, but I'm still not sure I will be able to keep up.

Nells-Bells said...

i too love the choice of fabrics. so colorful and totally cool. can't wait to see the finished product! good luck!!!

Tiffany said...

I really love the colors in this quilt! :)