Thursday, September 11, 2008

this pretty much sums it up

I took this pic the other day of girl#1 in the backyard. This pretty much sums her up. Bare feet, hand me down boy's jeans, a sparkly blue skirt, and her hair-do of choice, 2 buns. I can't believe that she is 2. Where has the time gone? Bug touching, shoeless, explorer and climber extraordinaire. She puts the boys to shame when she touches crickets and pets frogs.

I did darts on the skirt to see if I could create a shape that was less bulky at the top yet, still twirly. We're closer but not quite there yet. Many thanks to Allison Faunce of DiscoveryDenim (can you say 'super talent'? she should make a cape for herself!) for giving me some of her leftover cape remnants which were used for this project. Oddly enough girl#1 pretends to fly in this skirt.

When I figure out my ultimate skirt pattern (it's all relative isn't it?) I'll post it for sure :o)

Happy Birthday L.J.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

i;ve love checking into your blog. i'd love to see your fam blog, if i can. i've tried to find you guys. email me sometime.

teresa said...

This is such a cute blog Banna, you're very talented! If you want you can check out our blog at teresa-greenhouse.blogspot.com!