Thursday, October 2, 2008

A very small harvest

The pods are out on the impatiens and since they were so beautiful this year I decide to do a little collection to start our own next spring. First of all let me say that I am a perennial person, my husband is the one who loves annuals (how is this marriage working?) so every year we each do our own gardening on the plants/flowers that we planted. This year I thought that his impatiens were so beautiful (I can admit it) that I decided to get some seeds together so we can plant the same ones next year. To contain the little pod explosions I placed the pods in a an envelope made from parchment paper, sealed the top, shook it and voila, you can see the flipped pods and seeds everywhere.
The seeds are now drying on my kitchen window sill so they will be ready to plant next year. Fun for the kids and me to do a fun little project that will add to a beautiful garden in the spring.

1 comment:

Aim said...

What a great idea! Frugal too. I can't wait to see your successful sowing next spring :)